Updated: June 9, 2020 7:51:26 pm
As restaurants, places of worship and offices open in the first unlock phase after lockdown, during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Health Ministry released a set of guidelines for appropriate behaviour when stepping outdoors, to reduce the risk of exposure to infection.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
1. Greet without physical contact. Maintain a distance of about six feet with the person.
2. Maintain a distance of six feet in public places, such as bus-stands.
3. Wear reusable handmade face masks at all times.
4. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
5. Cover your nose and mouth while coughing and sneezing.
6. Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based sanitiser.
7. Do not chew tobacco and spit in public places.
8. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
9. Avoid unnecessary travel.
10. Do not discriminate against people affected by COVID-19, their caregivers or anyone supporting the fight against COVID-19.
11. Keep the number of guests to a minimum if a social event cannot be postponed.
12. Avoid being in crowded places or mass gatherings.
Watch the video:
Earlier, the Health Ministry had also issued detailed standard operating procedures (SOPs) for restaurants, religious places, offices and shopping malls to contain the spread of the virus.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd